Sunday 27 January 2013

Omega Watch Macro

When I restarted photography in the digital age my principal interest was macro work.  Traditional subjects for macro are flowers and insects; I have done my fair share of those.  Looking for something a bit different, I opened the back of a 1943 Omega pilots watch and took some shots at various magnifications.  The results are interesting and I would like to do some more horological pics but will have to buy some subjects.

The first picture shows the watch face to give an idea of what we are looking at.  For scale the face is about 28mm diameter.

 
 
With the back removed, this is the view of the whole mechanism.


The rest of the pictures show details of the watch at higher magnifications.  Higher magnifications needed focus stacking to get a useful depth of field.





No comments:

Post a Comment